Piglet production site
Maria and Carl-Josef Detert
Site manager: Jos Niewenhuis
The piglet production site of Maria and Carl-Josef Detert is the origin of the Detert breeding enterprise. The owner, Carl-Josef Detert, took over the business from his father Hermann Detert in 1992, then already certified as apprenticing company.
Manager Jos Niewenhuis today oversees the provision of 600 F1 DanAvL sows. Groups of 60 sows farrow every two weeks after 21 days of gestation. Pietrain semen is used for insemination.
New techniques and strategies for piglet production are developed and tested at this renowned production site.
Advantages of the Detert piglet production site at a glance:
- Origin of Detert breeding pigs
- Certified for apprenticing
- 600 DanBred sows F1
- Groups of 60 sows farrow every two weeks after 21 days of gestation
- Pietrain semen used for insemination
- Testing and developing of new techniques and strategies for piglet production